Historic Scotland recently held a conference to celebrate the achievements of Scottish architects and engineers in pioneering the generation of hydroelectricity in the UK. An associated free book can be downloaded from the Historic Scotland website which traces the development of the industry and assesses the contribution of a number of distinguished pre- and post-war architects. A gazetteer provides an overview of the existing infrastructure in Scotland.
Monday, July 18, 2011
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
We've just added another half a dozen electronic books to our ever-growing collection:
- Walter Benjamin and architecture (Hartoonian)
- Mechanical and electrical equipment for buildings (Grondzik)
- Stadia: a design and development guide (John)
- World's greatest architect: making, meaning and network culture (Mitchell)
- Theatre buildings: a design guide (Strong)
- Architecture in detail II (Bizley)
All these can be read on- and off-campus with your MyGSA account via the Library catalogue.
Posted by Glasgow School of Art Library and Learning Resources at 9:40 AM